- The adventure will begin in Ushuaia, the city at the end of the world, where you will embark with us in El Doblón.
- This expedition is very special, it is designed for sailors. If your dream is to double the mythical Cape Horn, this is your chance to do it sailing.
- It is an expedition of about 300 nautical miles.
- We will arrive in the southernmost town in the world, Puerto Williams,
where we will do the necessary documentation to visit the Cape Horn area.
- We can do a trekking to the teeth of Navarino.
- We will continue sailing through the Beagle Channel heading east, we will visit the penguin colony of Martillo Island.
- We will sail to the islands of Picton / Nueva / Lennox where we will look for a refuge to spend the night.
- We will continue sailing towards the Hermite Islands to find the weather window to be able to double Cape Horn.
- If possible we can visit the lighthouse of Hornos and meet the family that lives there for a year.
- We will visit the tribute to Albatross and we can feel the emptiness from the last island and cape of the continent, beyond is the Drake Passage and Antarctica!!!
- We will start the navigation back looking for shelters until we reach Puerto Williams
where as we are of time we can make an excursion or continue to Ushuaia.
- This is an unforgettable expedition sailing through one of the most iconic places on the planet 🌎
DOUBLING CAPE HORN
We will review the history of the mythical Cape Horn, subsidence, meteorology and strategies to make the passage.
It will be defined on the date, it depends a lot on the weather.
Captains: Lucas Hernández and Paula Cavicchia
- This expedition is cataloged within the medium level, that means that it is suitable for almost all audiences, but it is necessary: to have good health, to have good physical condition, to have some experience in adventure trips, trekking, navigation or any activity that carries with it some capacity of resistance and willpower.
- Recommended from 18 to 75 years old.