We are finishing our austral season and we will make our last expedition. We will set sail from Ushuaia, this time across the Atlantic, heading to Uruguay.
- Ushuaia – Puerto Madryn – 880 miles – March 15-25 – 10 days
- Puerto Madryn – Mar del Plata – 490 miles – from March 27 to April 01 – 5 days
- Mar del Plata – Punta del Este – 220 miles – from 03 to 06 April – 3 days
- Ushuaia – Punta del Este – 1,590 miles – March 15 to April 6 – 22 days
Days and miles may vary depending on the weather, condition of the sailboat and crew. We will always look for the favorable and safe window to make the crossing.
- We will set sail from Ushuaia, from our beloved Club Afasyn.
- We will sail through the Beagle Channel heading east and wait for the tide to cross the mythical Strait of Le Maire with its up to 8 knots of current.
- We will visit the Island of the States. We will spend the night anchored in San Juan de Salvamento and disembark to see the lighthouse at the end of the world.
- If the weather leaves us, we will visit Puerto Cook, where we can do a trekking to the south side of the island.
- We will wait for the window and start our 700-mile navigation to Puerto Madryn, hopefully we can see some family of orcas or whales!
- We will make a landfall in Puerto Madryn for 2 days to replenish food and rest. There we can visit the wonderful reserve Peninsula de Valdés. It is a nature reserve of Patagonia, on the Argentine coast. It is known for the marine animals that inhabit its beaches and surrounding waters. Within the fauna we can find: sea lions, elephant seals and especially whales. It is a place recognized worldwide, declared by Unesco as a World Heritage Site.
- We will sail from Puerto Madryn, we will have just over 550 miles to Mar del Plata, our next port.
- We can visit Mar del Plata, a beautiful city on the Argentine coast, enjoy the gastronomy, and perhaps, some nightlife and know works of modern architecture recognized worldwide.
- There we will have to carry out exit procedures from Argentina and then sail to Punta del Este, our destination port.
- We will have a farewell dinner in Punta del Este and estimate to disembark on April 6 in the afternoon.
Captains: Lucas Hernández and Paula Cavicchia
To anyone with a traveling soul, wanting to enjoy sailing, to make many miles in the same trip and to know different places in the Atlantic Ocean.
It is necessary: to have good health, to have good physical condition, to have some experience in adventure travel, trekking, navigation or any activity that carries with it some capacity for resistance and willpower.
Recommended from 18 to 75 years old.
SOUTH ATLANTIC EXPEDITION
South Atlantic Expedition Live an unforgettable challenge!
If you are looking for strong emotions and a unique experience, do not hesitate to join our expedition through the South Atlantic.Knowing the most impressive landscapes and the most diverse marine ecosystems, you can enjoy an unforgettable trip. From whale and dolphin watching to exploring deserted islands and deep sea fishing, every day will be a different adventure.
You will have a team of highly trained professionals who will guarantee the safety and success of the expedition. Do not miss the opportunity to live an expedition through the South Atlantic!
Book now and get ready for the challenge of a lifetime!
Isla de los Estados is a small island located south of Argentina, in Patagonia. It is known for its natural beauty and rich history. For centuries, the island was used as a base for fishing and whaling, and also housed a prison during the 1920s.
The island’s landscape is stunning, with steep cliffs, white sandy beaches and lush vegetation. The island is also an important place for marine life, with a wide variety of seabirds, sea lions and whales visiting the surrounding waters.
You can enjoy the journey from Ushuaia, the southernmost city in the world, and enjoy a wide variety of species, including petrels, albatrosses and Magellanic penguins. An ideal place for lovers of nature and adventure.
Puerto Madryn is a coastal city located in the province of Chubut, in the Argentine Patagonia. It is known for its beautiful natural scenery and for being a major tourist destination for wildlife lovers. The main attraction of the area is the Peninsula Valdes Nature Reserve, where you can see whales, dolphins, sea lions and elephant seals in their natural habitat. On this expedition through the South Atlantic, you can enjoy an exceptional stop to visit the favorite destination for those looking to enjoy nature and wildlife in a privileged environment. Puerto Madryn is also known for its vibrant culture and history. The city was founded in 1865 by Welsh immigrants and is one of the main access points to Patagonia. This has resulted in a cosmopolitan and welcoming community, with a rich cultural tradition and a booming arts and music scene.
On our South Atlantic expedition, we will pass through Mar del Plata, a coastal city located in the province of Buenos Aires. Known for its beautiful beaches, its history and its culture, with a historic center full of colonial buildings and a vibrant market of handicrafts and local products. There are many museums and art galleries in the city. It is a destination to enjoy its stunning natural beauty, a perfect place for those looking for an unforgettable adventure on the Argentine coast.
The expedition ends in Punta del Este, a tourist destination located in Uruguay, known for its beautiful beaches, crystal clear waters and vibrant atmosphere. It is one of the most popular places in the country.
Once on land, travelers can enjoy a wide range of activities, from walks on the beach to tours of the historic center and the famous tourist spot “La Mano”. The city is home to an excellent food scene, with a wide variety of restaurants and bars offering a wide range of culinary options, from local food to international cuisine.
Punta del Este boasts a warm and sunny climate for most of the year, making it an ideal destination for those looking to relax and enjoy the sun and sea. It is an ideal destination for those looking for a sea destination, with a wide variety of activities Undoubtedly a perfect place to end a boat expedition!